Some of our partners and staff assembled in Athens to work as a jury, where they were hosted by Frosso Trousa at Dance Culture Centre and met the remaining 30 partners online from across Europe. The Aerowaves partners who attended the meeting via Zoom watched and discussed hundreds of dance videos.
Although casting their votes as usual, the partners individually agreed to delegate final decisions to the jury of twelve formed by:
- John Ashford, Aerowaves director, UK
- Roberto Casarotto, Associate director, Spring Forward 2012 host, Italy
- Yvona Kreuzmannova, Associate Director, Spring Forward 2016 host, Czech Republic
- Jesper de Neergaard, Spring Forward 2017 host, Denmark
- Nasko Maev, Spring Forward 2018 host, Bulgaria
- Elisabetta Bisaro, Spring Forward 2019 host, France
- Edvin Liverić, Spring Forward 2020 host, Croatia
- Frosso Trousa, Spring Forward 2021 host, Greece
- Bruno Heynderickx, Aerowaves partner, Ballet Director Hessisches Staatsballett / Staatstheater Darmstadt, Germany
- Betsy Gregory, Aerowaves Board, UK
- Clàudia Brufau, Aerowaves Communications manager, Spain
- Anna Arthur, Aerowaves Administrative Director, UK
The composition of the jury is intended to reflect Europe geographically and cover five generations of experience within the dance field. Unfortunately, John Ashford and Roberto Casarotto were prevented from travelling to join the rest of the jury in Athens. Although present on Zoom, they both worked as non-voting members because of the communication difficulties at a distance.
Now, more than ever, we are very grateful to our partners’ commitment, understanding and thoroughness in such exceptional circumstances. Thanks so much to Frosso Trousa’s team at the Dance Cultural Centre in Athens for hosting the jury.
The Twenty21 artists will be announced in November so watch this space!